qy966千亿国际手机版

 
 
 
当前位置: Language Tips> 新闻播报

qy966千亿国际手机版

中国日报网 2017-09-15 15:44

分享到
 
在我爱人怀孕前,我们就打算进行无痛分娩。但就在预产期前一周,我们才知道甚至没有无痛分娩这个选项。
qy966千亿国际手机版
By Erik Nilsson “Kill me!” my wife shouted.
“杀了我吧!”我的妻子喊道。
She meant it.
她没有开玩笑。
I could see it in her face.
她的表情告诉我。
She truly wanted to die.
她真的不想活了。
I'd never seen a human suffer so much.
我从未见过一个人会遭受如此巨大的痛苦。
Her body hurt more than ever.
她的痛不欲生。
My soul hurt more than ever.
我的心里则倍受煎熬。
Our son was about to enter this world.
我们的儿子就要来到这个世界上了。
She wanted to exit it.
她却想着要离开。
Anything to stop the pain. Anything.
她想尽快结束这种痛苦,无论用何种手段。
My wife had leapt from her bed and was jumping up and down, thrashing her limbs, howling — her face contorted in a way I'd never seen and haven't since.
我的妻子从床上蹦下来,上蹿下跳,扭动着四肢,疯狂吼叫,我从未在她脸上见过如此扭曲的表情,以前和以后都没有过。
And I never want to.
而且,我也不想看到。
The recent news of a woman who committed suicide in Shaanxi province's Yulin when childbirth became unbearable brought us back to that moment.
近期一则关于陕西榆林孕妇因无法生产忍受痛苦而自杀的新闻将我和妻子又带回了当初她分娩的时刻。
It literally hit home.
这一新闻切中时弊。
The 26-year-old had originally insisted on a natural birth but began to beg for a C-section when the torment of labor became insufferable.
26岁的孕妇原本坚持顺产,但由于无法忍受生产过程的痛苦折磨,因而开始请求剖腹产。
qy966千亿国际手机版
There are questions about responsibility. The woman's family and the hospital offer differing accounts as to who refused her request for the procedure.
孕妇自杀究竟是谁的责任存在质疑。女方家属和医院对谁拒绝了孕妇的请求各执一词。
(Media reports aren't clear as to whether local or spinal anesthesia was an option — and if not, why not.)
(媒体没有明确报道医院是否提供了局部麻醉了,如果没有,那么为什么呢?)
But the point is that pain-free childbirth is indeed rare in the country.
但关键是,无痛分娩在中国确实尚未成熟。
It accounts for 5 percent of births nationwide and about 30 percent in Beijing.
无痛分娩在中国所占比率为5%,在北京比率为30%。
The figure is 85 percent in the United States.
而这一数据在美国为85%。
Guangzhou Women and Children's Medical Center's anesthesia department director, Song Xingrong, tells China Daily four out of five women who come to the hospital are unaware of it.
广州市妇幼保健所麻醉科主任宋兴荣在接受《中国日报》采访时指出,有80%的孕妇来到医院时根本对无痛分娩没有概念。
We learned it often isn't even an option — about a week before Sagan's due date.
大约在萨根的预产期前一周,我们才知道甚至无法选择无痛分娩。
The love of my life and I stood outside a public hospital, holding each other and sobbing.
我和我的爱人在一家公立医院门口,相拥哭泣。
We'd previously arranged for our son to be born at the same private hospital as our daughter. There are various reasons we'd elected public hospitals.
起初,我们打算在此前女儿出生的那家私立医院生下我们的儿子,但后来因为各种原因我们选择了一家公立医院。
One is they informed us there probably wouldn't be an anesthesiologist available.
原因之一是,我们被告知可能会没有麻醉师进行麻醉。
We knew how excruciating birth could be, having already brought our first child into the world.|
我们知道分娩是多么痛苦,因为我们已经有一个孩子了。
The epidural was planned before the pregnancy.
在我爱人怀孕前,我们就打算进行硬膜外麻醉。
But the private hospital dropped us about two weeks before the birth, citing an unrelated health condition my wife has that would in no way affect pain-free childbirth.
但在预产期前两周,那家私立医院以我妻子的健康状况为由将我们打发了。这个不相干的理由对进行无痛分娩毫无影响。
We couldn't hop on a plane to elsewhere by then.
那时,我们根本不可能跳上飞机,飞到别的地方。
So, public hospitals seemed our only choice.
所以,公立医院成为我们唯一的选择。
We were devastated. Horrified. Desperate.
之后,恐惧和绝望就萦绕在我和妻子周围。
Some people can endure giving birth without an epidural.
有些人可以忍受没有硬膜外麻醉的分娩。
My wife knew the stakes.
但我妻子知道那样做的危险。
Fortunately, we found another private hospital that accepted us, last minute. It was expensive. And worth every penny.
幸运的是,我们在最后一刻找到另一家愿意接收我们的私立医院。虽然价钱昂贵,但十分值得。
We cried again. This time, again, for joy.
我们哭了,这一次是喜悦的眼泪。
About a week later, we were sobbing once more.
一周后,我们又一次哭了。
This time, because of my wife's labor pains.
这次,是因为我妻子的痛苦。
At one point, my wife screamed, “If I had a gun ...”
只听我的妻子叫喊道,“如果给我把枪……”
She meant it.
她是认真的。
I could see it in her face.
我可以从她的表情判断出来。
Fortunately, the anesthesiologist arrived. Quickly.
幸运的是,麻醉师很快赶来了。
My wife was able to bear childbirth.
我的妻子得以顺利生产。
Sagan was born in Beijing on Aug 16, 2015.
萨根于2015年8月16日出生在北京。
qy966千亿国际手机版
We cried a final time. A final time, for joy.
那是我们最后一次流泪,感动的眼泪。
英文来源:“CHINA DAILY”微信公众号
翻译:司斌(中国日报网iNews译者)
编审:丹妮 董静
音频编辑:焦洁
更多内容请关注“CHINA DAILY”微信公众号: Broadcaster qy966千亿国际手机版 Erik Nilsson is an American journalist who has worked in China for over 10 years. His work has won various honors, including the Chinese Government Friendship Award - the highest honor the country bestows on foreigners. He has traveled to every provincial-level jurisdiction except Chongqing and Guangdong, covering such stories as the Wenchuan and Yushu earthquakes, nomadic communities’ development and civil society.
 
分享到
中国日报网英语点津版权说明:凡注明来源为“中国日报网英语点津:XXX(署名)”的原创作品,除与中国日报网签署英语点津内容授权协议的网站外,其他任何网站或单位未经允许不得非法盗链、转载和使用,违者必究。如需使用,请与010-84883561联系;凡本网注明“来源:XXX(非英语点津)”的作品,均转载自其它媒体,目的在于传播更多信息,其他媒体如需转载,请与稿件来源方联系,如产生任何问题与本网无关;本网所发布的歌曲、电影片段,版权归原作者所有,仅供学习与研究,如果侵权,请提供版权证明,以便尽快删除。

中国日报网千亿国际娱乐"新闻

扫描左侧二维码

添加Chinadaily_Mobile
你想看的我们这儿都有!

中国日报千亿国际娱乐"手机报

点击左侧图标查看订阅方式

中国首份千亿国际娱乐"手机报
学英语看资讯一个都不能少!
关注和订阅

本文相关阅读
人气排行
热搜词
 
精华栏目
 
阅读
词汇
视听
翻译
口语
合作
 
关于我们 | 联系方式 | 招聘信息
Copyright by chinadaily.com.cn. All rights reserved. None of this material may be used for any commercial or public use. Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited. 版权声明:本网站所刊登的中国日报网英语点津内容,版权属中国日报网所有,未经协议授权,禁止下载使用。 欢迎愿意与本网站合作的单位或个人与我们联系。
电话:8610-84883645 传真:8610-84883500 Email: languagetips@chinadaily.com.cn
qy966千亿国际手机版亚虎国际娱乐官网亚虎娱乐城齐乐娱乐
优发娱乐官网齐乐娱乐官网优发娱乐官网梦之城娱乐注册
优发娱乐官网亚虎国际娱乐官网亚虎娱乐城梦之城娱乐注册
qy966千亿国际手机版千亿国际娱乐官网千亿国际娱乐"齐乐娱乐
优发娱乐官网齐乐娱乐官网优发娱乐官网梦之城娱乐注册